Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Hope

So, I am teaching this Sunday in Relief Society. It is on the last part of Moroni 7:45 "...hopeth all things..." I decided to take this part of the scripture a few weeks ago while finishing the Book of Mormon in my own personal reading. I had never noticed before how important hope is. The second to last chapter in the Book of Mormon, Mormon writes a letter to his son Moroni telling him all of the horrible things his people were doing and how awfully wicked they were. And then he says don't dwell on it and have hope. It hit me pretty hard. It sounded so much like what the world is today. There are so many awful things happening and so many wicked people though out the word. We all are going through are own trials that at some point seem unbearable. But we need to have hope. The more I've studied the topic the more amazed I am by it. Without hope we can not have faith. Without faith we don't have hope, and without either of those we can not have charity. They all go hand in hand. After I'm finished with my lesson I'll explain that a little more and give you some quotes. But until then, have hope in the Savior!

No comments:

Post a Comment