Monday, March 15, 2010

Released

I was released from my calling yesterday. I knew it was coming, I felt it. I've had so many different emotions. To be honest my first thought was, 'now we can sell our home'. I know that's crazy. But now that I'm truly finished it feels different. I've been going through my things getting them ready for the next person. Making lists of things she should know so she doesn't make the same mistakes I did. Trying to organize so she understands what she is supposed to do and what she'll be in charge of. All of that really is making me sad, heart sick. I love the women in my ward! It has been a joy to serve them. It hasn't always been easy, but worth it. So many blessing have been given to me through this service. Blessings that someone else needs now. I can't help but feeling that I'm passing my 'baby' on. There are so many things I've worked on and felt inspired to do. I just want to tell her, "do it this way. This is what I've started so it really should keep going like this." When really I have no say in anything any more. She is and has been given the 'mantel' so she is entitled to all of the inspiration she needs. She'll do a good job, probably better than I did. I just need to let go and see what the Lord has in store for me next.

No comments:

Post a Comment