Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Little Neck...Still

I was cleaning up lunch today when my youngest (2 years old) walked in the kitchen and said, "Cuddle". The pour little guy is still having neck problems. I've taken him to a new back doctor. He messed up his little neck more than I could have imagined. And it is slowing getting better. He does have his bad days, and today was one of them. He was in a lot of pain. As much as it hurts me to tell you about this tender mercy from Heavenly Father to me, I feel I need to.
If you remember a few posts ago I talked about needing to be a better mom. Well part of that was I wasn't spending time with my children. I was packing and cleaning all of the time. Since my little has had his neck problem he hasn't been able to take naps during the day. After a few missed days, and having an upset child at night, I decided to hold him while he slept. It has been a huge blessing for me. I HAD to stop and "cuddle" with my little one. I know they don't stay little for ever. I miss all of them being babies and I've tried to cherish them while they are small. I got lost in the stress and business of trying to sell a house. And this is a little different. I sit and hold him for an hour and a half and sometimes two hours. The world slows down a little bit. I get to take a breather. I love it! I get to bond with him. It almost breaks my heart to think that this is happening because it is too painful for him to sleep on his own. He will get better, he was blessed to. In the mean time I will cherish the time that he wants me to hold him, and thank Heavenly Father for continuing to answer my prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment