Thursday, February 11, 2010

Always a Parent

My car won't be fixed until Saturday, maybe Monday. So that left me without a car to do the things a mom needs to do. My parents have come to my rescue again. My second to youngest brother plays Lacross for BYU. They left today for a tournament and will be gone until Tuesday. My mom brought over her car, one just big enough for me and my three littles. She said she would use my brother's very tiny two car door car. It was perfect timing for him to be gone so this blessing could come.
This morning I woke up and didn't feel good. I had the thought to call my doctor and see if he had any openings. He did and I had a car to get there. So I quickly got the kids ready and off we went. I was so glad we did. I have felt so much better since the appointment. And after I was finished he asked if I wanted him to look at my youngest. I asked if he had the time. He checked and he had had a last minute cancellation. So we both got checked out. What a difference it has made in him too! I am so thankful for my mom. She is and always will be an example of someone who listens. She strives always to listen for the spirit to prompt her so she can be an answer to someones prayer. She was an answer to my prayer/need today. She continues to take care of me. She will always be my mom and a parent to me. Maybe even more important is the example she is to me, to listen to the Lord and to act on what she hears. Someday I hope I am just like her.

No comments:

Post a Comment