Wednesday, February 24, 2010

A Child is Learning

On Sundays my children will come home from church and give me their papers. Then they tell me what they learned and if they were reverent. This past Sunday there were no papers from my oldest (6 yrs old). He had taken and hung it up in his room with out showing me. I saw it last night while I was helping my youngest with his prayers.
This is what the paper was.
It says,"The Savior will help me when I...Hurt. I am greatful for the Savior because....He felt my hurtness."
After I finished reading it I was taken back. Not only did my little boy write this with his own hand writing he is starting to understand the Atonement. What he wrote is so simple, true, and so profound. The Savior truly does understand all of our 'hurts' no matter what kind, no matter much. I am thankful for my son's teachers and that they are helping my husband and I teach him the gospel.

No comments:

Post a Comment