Sunday, September 30, 2012

Excitement

I couldn't go to bed tonight until I wrote a little bit of the feelings I felt today.
For the past few weeks we haven't had "normal" church. By that I mean our 3 hour block of meetings. We had regional conference, where a bunch of stakes get to go to the same meeting and we hear messages from one of the General Authorities. It was a wonderful message and I felt the spirit and learned a lot.
Then last week I was able to attend the temple dedication with my oldest son and husband, for the new Brigham City Temple in Brigham City Utah. Words can not express the spirit and joy I felt during that meeting.
So today was the first Sunday in a few weeks that my family and I were able to attend our three hour block with our home ward. I was so excited to go to church. There is a unity in a ward, a ward family that I have missed these passed weeks. Being able to partake of the sacrament was more amazing that most weeks. Which really deepened my testimony of how important it is every week that we get to partake of those sacred emblems and renew our baptismal covenants. Then to go to the second block where we dive into scripture and learn and teach one other seemed to be a treat as well. After that going to the Young Women's meeting, standing with these amazing young women and repeating the Young Women's Theme had so much power. I hope the girls know how powerful those words truly are. I felt the spirit so much today and felt very blessed! It was so exciting and felt like coming home. At one point during the meetings I wondered if that is how it would feel like when we return home to our Father in Heaven. Will it be so exciting, so full of joy and the spirit to see all of our dear friends? I sure hope so! I love this Gospel and the joy and peace that it brings to my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment