Monday, September 3, 2012

Altitude

I don't really mention what I've been sick with or many details about it because this blog is ment for the listing of stories of how the Lord blesses my life. Well I can't really explain this tender mercy unless I say something about my health. So I am slightly anemic. I live at just about 5,200 feet and my body is used to it most of the time. It comes and goes, sometimes worse than others. But because of that I get really sick when I go to higher altitudes. When my husband was living 2.5 hours away durning the week and home on the weekends, his work was at 7,000 feet. A few times I took my children and we stayed with him there for a few days. Each and every time we did this I would get sick. Young Women's camp is at a place that is just over 10,000 feet. So you could imagine how nervous I was to be going. It wasn't just 2,000 feet above where I'm used to living, it was almost double! The week before we left I started taking my normal iron supplements (sometimes they make other things worse, but I really did want to get altitude sickness up at camp). Well the night before I was to leave my husband reminded me of another brand that I had taken once that worked really well, and he went and picked me up some. All week long I took it and even now looking back I almost can't believe how well I felt. I didn't get altitude sickness at all! I know that my husband had been give the thought about the better supplements from my Heavenly Father. It was His way of taking care of me. How blessed I am to have a loving Heavenly Father and people around me that listen to His promptings so He can bless my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment