Thursday, June 24, 2010

Patience

During this past Conference President Dieter F. Uchtodorf gave a talk about Patience. It really hit home for me. When the talks were printed it was one of the first talks that I started to study. Then a few weeks ago our lesson in Relief Society was on his talk 'Continue in Patience'. Then last night I felt like I needed to re read it again. I guess I'm not getting it, what Heavenly Father wants me to learn. President Uchtdorf says some truly amazing things about patience. A few of the things that really stuck out to me last night were these:
"Patience-the ability to put our desires on hold for a time-is a precious and rare virtue."
"Without patience, we cannot please God; we cannot become perfect. Patience is a purifying process that refines understanding, deepens happiness, focuses action, and offers hope for peace."
"Patience require[s] actively working toward worthwhile goals and not getting discouraged when results [don't] appear instantly or without effort."
"Patience is not simply enduring; it is enduring well!"
"Patience means accepting that which cannot be changed and facing it with courage, grace, and faith."
"Knowledge and understanding come at the price of patience."
"Patience means to abide in faith, knowing that sometimes it is in the waiting rather than in the receiving that we grow the most."
I probably should write all of these quotes down and put them up around my house so I can remember them. Sometimes life can be hard, but I need to remember to have patience and just 'let God'.

No comments:

Post a Comment