Sunday, December 23, 2012

Day 11 - The Manger


I think the manger is a little over looked when it come to the significance of it. They were in a stable and it was probably the cleanest place for Mary and Joseph to make a bed for the Savior. I like what ElderRussell M. Neilson said, “French speakers will recognize that manger means “to eat.” A manger is a trough or an open box in a stable designed to hold feed for animals.” What great incite! In John 6:35 Jesus himself says, “I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger.” From the very start of His life He was teaching us to come unto Him. So tonight I ask you; are you coming unto Christ? Are you partaking of His teachings so that your soul is full? May you remember His teachings when you look at the Nativity.

No comments:

Post a Comment