Monday, October 8, 2012

General Conference Oct. 2012

Wow! What an amazing General Conference we had this past weekend. If you want to know more about it go here. If you missed it and want to watch or read the messages go here.
 I felt more than ever an ergancy to truly come to know the Lord. We are here on this earth to be tested. A lot of those tests come in trials. There were a few talks about trials and how we can over come them and come to know the Lord better if wer come unto me during those times of need. When we are going through hard times, you shouldn't run away from the Lord, but you should come closer to Him to get through the trial.
I loved Sis. Dibb's talk. She spoke of a Young Woman who wore a t-shirt saying 'I'm a Mormon, are you?' So her talk was all about a saying she was inspired to write after seeing that shirt, "I'm a Mormon, I know it, I live it, I Love it!" How incouraging she was in her talk. It made me want to make a shirt of that on my own.
There was an announcement of two more Temples to be build. One of which is going to be built in Peru where my neighbor is going to serve in 2 weeks. It was so fun to go and visit with him between the two sessions on saturday. He is more excited than ever to do. He feels that his mission has been changed a little bit. Now most of his focus will be on getting the members to be ready to enter the Temple once it is completed. Also there was a talk about asking the Missionaries for help. If you want to know about the church, Go ask the missionaries. If you want to know about the temples, Go ask a missionary. If you want to know about geneology, Go ask the missionaries. It was cute to see how my neighbor responded to that talk too. He now wants to be more prepared to be able to assist in all of the questions posed in that talk.
The really big announcment came when the prophet President Monson announced that worthy young men who have graduated from High school can serve a mission when they turn 18 years old instead of waiting until they turned 19 years old. Also young women who wish to serve can do so when they turn 19 years old intead of waiting until they are 21 years old. My oldest is a boy and my second is a girl. They are only 20 months apart. When the announcment was made my little girl was so excited and said that she and her older brother could serve at the same time. It was very cute and it made me smile to myself knowing that she is already thinking of serving the Lord.
Many Many more wonderful things were said and counsel given. As the next few months come I am excited to go back and really dive into these amazing talks to learn more and study them so I can become closer to my Heavenly Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment