Friday, December 23, 2011

Day 11- Mary

Sometimes I think Mary is over looked. There isn’t a lot about her in the scriptures, but what is written we can see how wonderful she was. After the angel told her that she was chosen of the Lord to be Jesus’ mother and how it would happen she simply said, “Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it unto me according to thy word” (Luke 1:38). Mary was humble and obedient. She endured many trials. Being pregnant she had to ride on a donkey some 90 miles to Bethlehem. She gave birth in a stable with dirty animals. At one point she couldn’t find Jesus for 3 days. As a mother I’m sure she was very worried about him. When she did find him he was teaching in the temple (Luke 2). The last few years of Jesus’ life he spent away from her doing his Father’s will teaching, healing, and showing us how to live. My children are still young and are still living at home. I don’t know how hard it was for her to let him go. And the final thing we know Mary suffered was to see her son killed on the cross for all mankind. I’ve never have lost a child, but some of my close friends have. It must have been hard for her. Mary was a very strong woman and someone I have grown to look up to.

No comments:

Post a Comment